Rights of Light, Daylight & Sunlight
Maximising development potential, minimising risk
eb7 specialise in rights of light and daylight & sunlight for planning. Our offerings range from initial feasibility advice to formal assessments, development envelopes, planning reports and guidance on rights of light compensation and mitigation advice. We also provide reporting and analysis to form part of an environmental impact assessment (EIA) including daylight, sunlight, overshadowing, light pollution and solar glare.
We have a broad and thorough understanding of the technical basis of all these issues, many of which have required us to develop bespoke software and testing methodologies. We use many different sources of information and technology to supplement our services such as photogrammetry and 3D laser survey information.
Our services include:
- Pre-aquisition advice and feasibility studies
- Rights of light assessments, advice and strategy
- Daylight & sunlight reports for planning
- Design steering and massing envelope studies
- Development cutbacks & area loss calculations
- Internal amenity and daylight design
- Rights of light negotiations between developers and affected neighbours
- Expert witness through legal proceedings or planning appeal and public inquiry
Download our Capability Statement here